Sunday, September 11, 2011

Anniversary

Words are hard today. Just recalling this day ten years ago brings tears to my eyes.

I had just given birth to Eclair, and my sister called and woke me up to tell me "turn on the tv."

I never, in my wildest dreams, could have imagined what I would see that morning.

My brother worked in the city. I spent the entire day trying unsuccessfully to reach him by phone. I finally reached his wife, and she told me he was out of town, and safe. Not so for his friends and colleagues. They didn't make it out.

So many didn't make it out.


This day changed the world forever. Strangely enough, there has been good that has resulted from that day. It brought us back to the realities of life, what is really important, and what really matters.

Spend a few moments watching this video. May it give you hope.





Never forget.
.

No comments: