Monday, May 7, 2012

Always with the jokes, my kiddos.

Today I came home from work and nearly blew a gasket because of the condition of the kitchen. I've been putting in a lot of extra hours due to graduation at BYU, and didn't get home until well after six (as I have for more than three weeks now). The kitchen looked like it had been hit by a tornado, and I was looking forward to making steak fajitas when I got home tonite. No dice. No clean dishes, either.

Screamapillar bore the brunt of my anger, because she was sitting at my computer multi-tasking - wandering around Facebook and playing on a game boy at the same time.

"WHY DIDN'T you clean the kitchen? You've had HOURS since you got home from school, probably just SITTING AROUND ON YOUR BUTT NOT DOING ANYTHING!!!"

"Actually, Mom, I did lie around on my stomach a little."




***GRRR***

but she is forgiven for making me laugh.....


another gem from recently was posted on my facebook, here it is in case you missed it:  

A conversation overheard at my house today:
Thing One: "Jake, go get me a can of tuna from the pantry." 
Luke Skywalker: "But I don't like tuna, it smells BLEGH." 
Screamapillar: "So? You smell 'BLEGH,' doesn't mean that you're not good on the inside."


The Prom post is pending still, due to too many hours at work, and too much time haggling over white dresses....no announcement today, but soon....
.

No comments: