Saturday, August 21, 2010

I finally finished it!

My mom's Mother's Day present.

Yep. I'm lame. Don't be pretending you didn't already know. It took forever for a multitude of reasons mostly involving the fact that life keeps kicking me in the shins and won't give me a break.

Remember that old tv show now seen in reruns M*A*S*H? How they had the signpost outside the Swamp showing mileage to all the places they wished they were? Well, I made one of those. I actually made it about 6 years ago, but my parents moved. And so the mileage was all messed up. And it was horribly weather beaten.

And now I have repainted it and corrected the mileage. So it's correct. Mostly.




I used the heavy duty indoor/outdoor spray paint, yellow fer grils and blue for our poor lonely brother (we used pink before, and it faded way to fast).


Dad & I have discussed it, and agree that the post is going to have to be about 4 feet taller since we have decided to start including grandkids who have moved away from home and started their own families. The grandchildren shall all be green.

I used a fat paint pen to do the lettering, and Dad intends to seal the whole thing so it doesn't get pummeled so bad by our harsh summers and excruciating winters. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EVER MOVE AGAIN.

Unless they are moving closer to me again......

.

1 comment:

Janet - Birdland Treasures said...

Julie, this is wonderful! I did a similar project years ago, only on mine the arrows pointed to various weeds in the garden ;) Yep, really! Very, very cute idea! ~ Janet