Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Multi Tasking


Multi-tasking. Can't decide whether or not I think it's a good thing.

There are two differing opinions out there:

GET MORE DONE

or

SCREW-UP MORE THAN ONE THING AT A TIME.

I think both are true. I like to listen to the tv while doing other worthwhile things, like playing Farmville. I feel like I accomplish more this way. I can plant virtual rhubarb and get the weather report at the same time. This works for me.

But in the kitchen, it is often disastrous. Just ask my family. I always burn the last batch of cookies, because my ADD brain has moved on to the next task without completing the first.

So sad, burned cookies.

If only there were another way, like a clone slave I could make do the second job for me, who I could keep locked in a closet once the cookies were done. And she could clean the house too.

Never mind, it wouldn't work. She'd have to be a clone of someone else, someone not a control freak like me. Because a clone of me would just mess it up more because she would try to multi-task also.

Can you imagine the disaster that would be?

So, I guess if I had to decide and I was being honest, I'd have to say multi-tasking is bad. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing it.

Would you like a burnt cookie?
.

No comments: