Friday, September 17, 2010

Attrition

Once upon a time I had a lovely set of six stainless steel bowls. Much like these:



I love these bowls. They were big enough for a variety of cooking uses, they're easy to clean, don't stain, won't break, and are easy to store because of the whole nesting thing....yep. Loved these bowls. I love metal, wood and glass in the kitchen. Only use plastic if I have to.


Apparently Hubby found the bowls very useful too. For many of the same reasons: easy to clean, don't stain, won't break, and apparently because of the EASE THE DOG HAS FETCHING THE BOWL FOR HIM TO FILL.


Yes.

He took my bowls and gave them to the dog.

One at a time they have disappeared. I now have two left. The itty bitty one (like our lovely Lab would bother bringing that back, it's too small to even hold a snack for her) and the really big one.

Today the really big one went missing. I really needed it to make Muddy Buddies for Dayna. I looked and looked and finally found it -- ON THE DECK.

Of course I panicked.

Eclair confessed that she used it for water balloons.

Whew.

But I have decided to take premptive measures. I washed and dried my big bowl, and then got out my big paint pen:




In full, it reads: IF YOU FEED THE DOG USING THIS BOWL, START RUNNING NOW: I AM GOING TO HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WITH A RUSTY SPOON.

You think that will ensure that my bowl doesn't disappear into the kennel?

I hope so.

But I'm realistic.

Probably not.
.

No comments: