Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Art of Candid Photography.

Because I'm so amazing I will share all my secrets with you.

Oh, wait. Never mind. I don't have any. But sometimes I just get lucky. I had a wonderful trip recently to a cousin's wedding, and managed some great candids. So I thought I would share.

Aren't I wonderful and generous? Of course.

Let's start here. On the fly, had to document this one:

"CONTEMPLATING THE TOOTHPASTE"
or "THE ANNUAL BRUSHING OF THE TEETH"
starring Luke Skywalker and his brother, Thing Two.


Well? This is the best I could do! The boys are always hiding from me! And a self portrait as well. Fine, fine work I must say.

This is a little better:
"MEETING THE NEWEST COUSIN, JA'EL"


Why, yes, he is a happy baby. Why do you ask? And look how much he loves me.

"NOT SO CANDID ECLAIR"


"Yes, Mommy, I see you with the camera. I will now make a face that makes me look like an old woman."
Thank you, Eclair.

"SAW YOU JUST IN TIME"


She gets mad at me all the time when I post pictures of her looking like this. But this is all I have. BECAUSE SHE IS ALWAYS MAKING A FACE. Doesn't it just make you want to invite her to your wedding? Just so you can have some of that included in your wedding pictures? Thank you Screamapillar. Why can't you be more like your sister? See? She's lovely!

"UNEXPECTED NORMALCY"


Yep. A candid. If she had seen me coming, she would have matched the Screamapillar. I interrupted her talking to someone when she was masquerading as a rational human being.

The sunset light at the reception was fantastic. I recommend sunset. It's a good thing.

"MINE"

Above Eclair & cousin Tiela are hogging the swings because boys wouldn't want to use swings decorated with flowers and ribbons anyway, right?

"SAD HOW THEY CAN'T STAND EACH OTHER"




Wedding candids are the best! You have to be totally on you toes, or you might miss something. Lots of hard work following Mr. &  Mrs. Euphoria about. So many wonderful things happen at a wedding, precious moments with grandmas & grandpas, friends & neighbors, little nieces & nephews.....you wouldn't want to miss a moment of it.

"HOW FAST CAN YOU HIT 'DELETE'?"


Unless, or course, you have brothers who are rowdy cowboys. This, you could definitely miss. Permission to scroll down very quickly? Granted.


Just to save you from that image, I give you this one instead:

"GET A ROOM!!!"



Congratulations Taley & Carl.
.

No comments: