Monday, November 1, 2010

Ushering my Own DOOM.

While Mother attempts to recover from Halloween, I figured I'd share with all of you! :D

For the information of those of you who aren't nerds like me, November is National Novel Writing Month (and ironically, National Blog Posting Month). Typically, those who are crazy enough to celebrate NaNoWriMo, decide to write a novel of 50,000 words in the month of November (<1700 words a day or so). Those who celebrate NaBloPoMo typically try to write a post every day (I don't have the heart to even suggest this to my mother). (And this post has lots of parenthesis. WHOO SHINY!) Anywho, I am sort-of participating in NaNoWriMo. Except I'm sane enough to realize that there's not a snowball's chance in Tahiti of MY novel actually getting written. So instead, I will be working on smaller projects-short stories and biographical...Is there a non-boring word for essays? I will be shooting for my 50,000 words all together though. So chances are if you see me posting here, I'm most likely procrastinating. Or I have writer's block. Wish me luck! Maybe mom will revive soon to enthrall you, as I am boring and unfunny. And as per mother's demand, my OWN attempt at being funny... a Top Ten. TOP TEN THINGS KAREN DID TO PROCRASTINATE GETTING READY FOR NANOWRIMO

1. Updated every user profile on every website I use regularly.

2. Wrote in journal and contemplated why I'll never get married and die alone as a crazy cat lady
2 1/2 . Facebook.

3. Enacted "Sister Tax" on siblings Halloween candy and discovered a surprising lack of good loot.

4. Watched Veggie Tales with Eclair.
4 3/4. More Facebook.

5. Thought about how to rearrange room when I move back downstairs.

6. Wondered how I'm going to move downstairs with my attempts to compete in NaNo.
6 5/8. Facebook....again.

7. Wondered how I'm going to participate in NaNo while living in a household of seven.
71/2. Realized that I'm absolutely crazy for even trying to do NaNo. Oh well.

8. Helped cousin move to her new house.

9. Facebook.
91/3. Watched murder documentaries on Discovery Channel due to alarming lack of Simpsons Treehouse of Horror and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."
9
2/3. Tried to turn my Sim into a vampire celebrity in Sims 3.

10. Made a blog post here on the family blog. OH SNAP!!! :D

No comments: