Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Wreath

Usually spring is about spring cleaning. But I have come to the sad realization that cleaning my house is pointless and futile. It will never be clean until my kids all move out.

So instead, I will make silly crafts.

I made this a few weeks ago, but couldn't bear to put it up until spring had really arrived...my tulips have finally bloomed, so I think it's time.



And there it is. My grassy spring wreath. It's pretty easy to make, all you need is some of that "fun fur" yarn and this very detailed diagram tutorial:



Wait -- wrong detail. Let's try this one:


Crap. That's not it either. So just do this intead: Buy green extruded wreath (I found mine at Joann's). Buy Lion brand Fun Fur yarn, in green if you like green grass (I found mine at Hobby Lobby). Wrap yarn around wreath for about 5 hours. Add flowers using straight pins (I painted the heads pink to match the flower centers because I'm OCD like that).

And if you're weird, like us, your grass needs bugs:



Thing Two pointed out that this looks like I skinned Oscar the Grouch and used his pelt to hang on the front door. Thanks for that lovely observation, my son. Next time you spend five hours on a semi-pointless craft I'll find a suitable inappropriate comment for you.
.

No comments: