Saturday, July 3, 2010

There might be hope for me yet

Inspired by PW, I share with you now the few things that are not weeds that are presently growing in my pitiful neglected overgrown garden.

Someday, these hope to be grapes. This particular bunch hangs from a branch in my cherry tree. Alas, I don't have the heart to end their lives by pruning the many vines out of the cherry tree. Call it a "hanging garden" if you will, and let them grow. Call it a Grerry tree instead. At our old house we had a Grapricot tree. It was awesome.

Next up, teeny tiny cucumbers!!! Here's a little known fact about my childhood. When I was a very small person, my evil mother used to peel a refrigerated cucumber half way down and send us outside to eat, telling us it was a Popsicle. She wasn't a vegan or anything, but that woman could sneak veggies into our diet like nobodies business. Someday, I will forgive her.

This next one you are not going to believe.


LOOK!!!! A ZUCCHINI!!!!! I GREW A ZUCCHINI!!! This is a first for me, I have never grown one before, even though I have planted them many times. Granted, it is less than two inches long, and looks like the snails have been at it, but lets hope this little guy makes it!!!!

Mah life, it is complete.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cucumber popsicle--HA! That's great that your garden is growing!