Monday, December 3, 2012

Messin' with people.

A funny thing happened on the way to work this morning....

Back story first: Luke Skywalker & Eclair are home from school puking (ah, the glamourous life I lead...). I need to go to work. So I can have a job. And make monies. And pay for Christmas. And get away from the puking, actually.

Since I have an unemployed married daughter, I drafted her into service. Called her at a little after 8am and asked her to act as auxillary mom today. I'd have to drive to Spanish Fork where she lives and come get her, but it would be worth it.

I allowed her enough time to become fully concious and bathe and find her purse (during which time I put gas in the car and went to Macey's for Popsicles and Seven-up). When I picked her up, I thought it would only be right if I got her some breakfast before throwing her under the bus that is my sick children.

We went to McD's. The one by her house that just had a corporate audit, so they're on their best behavior. And this was our order:

Two sausage muffins
Two large Dr P
Two apple pies

And then I did a hateful thing.

When Drive-up-window-dude was handing me my drinks, I said "Now which one is which?"

I have never seen such a horror stricken face. A face that said "WHAT HAVE I DONE" like he had just murdered someone. Two dark cola looking drinks and neither had any of those little lid button do-hickies pushed in. Beads of sweat suddenly appeared on his forehead, and he aged before my eyes.

This man's world came to a grinding halt.

And then he looked at the order.

Two large Dr. P

And a grin broke out on his face. "I AM VICTORIOUS. I HAVE NOT SCREWED UP. This insane woman is just messin' with me."

"Have a great day, ma'am!"



I seriously need to do that more often.....
.

No comments: