Friday, June 25, 2010

a day that shall live in infamy

Twenty-two years ago today, I was doing this:



And this too, unfortunately.


Surprisingly enough, there was no liquor involved, so I really have no excuse for this type of behaviour. Or that headpiece. I can only plead "80's" on that count, really.


Sixteen years ago, this was us. You can see half of that cute little flower girl there on the right. She's in way too many of our pictures. Love you, Britt!



You can't say I didn't know what I was getting into, I've known Hubby since we were sixteen years old. He was my best friend's boyfriend. She married mine, I married hers (she married mine first, okay?). He has always been insane. Here's some evidence:



He, also, knew exactly what he was getting into.


This is us, up at the cabin, very shortly after we got engaged. Man, we were young! Hubby still has hair! Again, I have no excuse for my unfortunate choice of headwear. I suppose you could say that I was just providing opportunites for my future children to mock me. It is weird to think that Thing One is less than a year younger than I was in this picture.

Love the matchy flannel shirts, don't you? And Hubby is very hip in his "Members Only" jacket. If you were from the 80's you would understand that reference. The rest of won't understand until your children start to ridicule your own very cool wardrobe. (And my jacket is "Eddie Bauer." Some things are always cool. Although it would be cooler if it were "Jack Bauer" instead, right? Crap. That last joke was Hubby channeling in with his sense of humor. After 22 years, I can't believe I'm telling his jokes. Drat.)

So, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Sweetie. I love you! And I'm glad you've been by my side making trouble and having fun this last twenty-two years.



5 comments:

furygirl3132 said...

What great pics and congratulations on your 20 year anniversary! My hubby and I are celebrating 15 years this October.
I am a new follower from New Friends Fridays, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Life Happens said...

Happy Anniversary! Visiting from New Friend Friday. We just celebrated our 10 yr anniversary yesterday.

Sincerely Rae said...

Your wedding pictures were wonderful and funny! Congrats on the 20 years, that's such a huge accomplishment in this day and age.
I wish I would have taken more silly pictures at my wedding this year haha.

I found you via The Girl Creative's New Friend Friday, by the way =]

Unknown said...

Aw... Happy anniversary!

K said...

Blast from the past. That was a very pleasant five minutes, I just spent, peering backwards in time. Probably you guys and I shouldn't hang around together toooooo much. We tend to get into big trouble when we do that. I loved the matchy shirts. And no one can really afford to mock anybody else for headgear.

Twenty two years. You guys are SUCH babies. We've been married - wait. Wait. Thirty two. So HA. (so ha? LIke I should be happy to be older than you are?)

Thing One. Oh, how I wish I'd made that up myself.