Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Before & AFTER!

I showed you my little potential projects, and now you get to see the finished product. All I did was spray paint them -- I love spray paint! It requires almost NO SKILL WHATSOEVER. I'm really good at "no skill."

First, the desk organizer. Suffering from Seventies Syndrome (not the good kind);


Champagne spray paint, and its so much brighter & happier! Look: it even has a mummy. No desk organizer is complete without a mummy.


Next up, the mirror that I salvaged that was an ugly tacky gold color:


The after is SO much better. I used a flat black spray paint followed by a satin finish clear coat:

The only problem I have now is where to hang it. Middle Daughter has the whole Tinkerbell room going on, and refused to put anything black in there. Thing One already has an amazing mirror (a very large one that was an incredible deal at DI). The boys aren't interested, they could care less what they look like. Maybe my room? Or the entry way? Not sure what I'm going to do with it now, but I will find a place for the pitiful homeless makeover mirror.

I have finished the table, but I'm saving it for when I post the chairs. I found some amazing vintage fabric in my year's supply of fabric stored in my garage. I'm hoping to finish the chairs tonight because I FOUND MY STAPLE GUN TODAY!!!! It was in the garage in a box with some other missing tools that one of my loving children "put away" for me under a box of tuxedos (don't ask, that's a whole other story, and a long one you have no desire to hear although I'm bound to blog about it eventually).

So I hope you enjoyed today's spray paint!
.

2 comments:

Joselyn said...

The mirror turned out so nice! I have been looking for an oval mirror for my bathroom and have had no luck so I am rather envious.

Britny and Jeffers said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the mirror!!!!!!!!! Keep it up! I can't wait to see the rest of the projects!!!