Friday, October 22, 2010

Punkin Chili

More pumpin food! Sick of it yet? NEVER!!! Pumpkins are good for you. They are rich in antioxidants, and they're just so colorful, how could you not LOVE them?


Today is an experiment. Pumpkin chili. I just used my "dump in a bunch of stuff" chili recipe, and dumped in a half can of pureed pumpkin.

Hubby was horrified. He loves my chili, and was mortified that I would mess with a proven recipe.

"Why pumpkin?" he asked.

I just glared at him. 'Cause I'm mean like that.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Pumpkin week." Yes, he reads the blog. I think he had been trying to block it all out after the pumpkin facial and all.

He continued, "So why do you have to put it in the chili?"

"It's just squash. Not bananas or something, squash is good. You probably won't enen notice it." I said.

So today is the test. It is currently in the crock pot in the breakroom (yes, I'm at work. I'm feeding everyone today, like I do on the occassional Friday when we have had a harrowing week and everyone needs a treat). I will experiment on the co-workers first. And then on the family.

And then I will update the blog.

1 comment:

Avima said...

WELL.....? How was it?