Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cinderella

Once upon a time there was Thing One. She was a girly-girl and loved all things dress-up. And she was four years old.

"Mommy I want to be Cinderella for Halloween!"



And so I oblige. Thing One in a modified and sparkly Cinderella dress with pearls and updo. Well, we seem to be going with a whole Disney thing here, so let's take the shirt off that giant Winnie the Pooh that Thing Two won at the Freedom Festival Baby Contest, and put it on Thing Two on top of the yellow sweats. He's fat. Pooh will do. And let's turn the baby doll into "Little Mermaid" while we're at it.

Done. Pretty cute, pretty easy. Woo hoo! Let's go get some candy!



FAST FORWARD TWELVE YEARS:

"Mom, I need a costume for school tomorrow. I think I'd like to do a Cinderella costume again. Maybe with that great mask that Grandma got me in Venice...do you think.....?"


(Envision here: me running about from store to store, gathering fabric and notions, supplementing from my year's supply of sewing odds and ends......and staying up ALL NIGHT so it will be ready to wear to school.)



So yes it is ready to wear to school. And then I take her on a photo shoot to get some GOOD pictures:






And she dares to call me "Mean Mom." I don't care what they say, I'm an awesome mom.
.

1 comment:

mhaimeo.i said...

You know, I don't know if it's just me... but that reminds me more of a "Belle" dress... Though maybe Cinderella could work... I guess... lol. Either way, the dress is gorgeous, and Karn looks fantabulous. :D