Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Punkin' Cookies -- the GOOD kind

We have a guest contributor today:



"The lovely and talented Lou was born and raised in Wadamana, Tasmania. Much of her childhood was spent hiding in the garage to avoid the malicious marsupials that stalked her daily. Longing for a better life, she stowed away on a steamer headed for South America. After arriving in Chile, she was set upon by wild llamas and decided further travel was in order if she was ever to find peace. She walked for many, many days, finally arriving in Provo, Utah where she has lived ever since. She gained much knowledge during her travels, and brings to us this exotic and elaborate recipe from the jungles of Honduras."

PUNKIN' COOKIES
(now this is only for VERY ADVANCED COOKS)
(I hope you went to culinary school)
(because this one is remarkably difficult)
(and Very Expensive because of it's rare and unusual ingredients)
(and really, really time consuming)
(don't say I didn't warn you!)

Ingredients:
1 can pumpkin
2 boxes Spice Cake mix
1 bag chocolate chips

Combine ingredients and mix well. 
Drop onto baking sheet in 1" balls.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
Allow to cool on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
Eat.


(I don't know....maybe we need a more throrough tutorial, maybe on how to mix? or how to preheat the oven? Or how to clean up after?)

Thank you SOOO much Lou!!! They seriously taste JUST LIKE the ones from the Macey's bakery, and I've been addicted to those for many years so this help me to save money. And you're not adding oil or butter so they are low fat! Amazing and unbelievably delicious. Go make some. Oh, I almost forgot what Lou said I had to warn you about. "This makes like a million cookies! I finally threw the rest of the dough away after making about seven dozen of them!" So, yeah, large recipe.

Now, I should have posted this yesterday because I started Pumpkin Week without fully preparing you. And because now I have a problem that I didn't have yesterday morning when I posted the pumpkin bread.

For all these recipes, you're going to need pumpkin puree. And Tasty Kitchen will show you how to make the really good stuff from scratch. All you will need is Sugar Pumpkins, you know, like the small ones I had on my porch next to the Butternut Squash cats? I say HAD because....

Leafblower Dad's vagrant children stole all my pumpkins.
All the ones small enough for them to carry off.
So, yeah. No homemade puree for me.

No comments: